Wednesday 23 March 2011

Onwards and Upwards

Spring is finally here! It's the first slightly warm day we've had this year and I'm feeling chirpy. I never cared about weather during the WoW days. In fact, warm weather to me just meant dealing with a hot and sticky laptop. Or worse - shock horror - someone's laptop over heating during a raid! Usually the tank, so we'd waste the evening doing /dance in Icecrown Citadel while the tank stuck his laptop in the fridge for a while, perhaps never to return.

I'm still reading loads, and I've recently been mulling over an idea for a novel I'd like to write. I used to do a lot of creative writing, but as I'm sure a lot of aspiring writers will understand, if you don't have a lot of confidence in what you write it can fill you with a kind of self loathing, and that used to really put me off. I figure this time I'm going to just go with it. If it comes out as utter tripe, well, at least I will have created something that someone might one day enjoy. That's the thing about WoW, yes you create something, but it's a selfish creation, one that no one else will ever benefit from.

I looked up poor old retired Mojozi on the WoW Armory yesterday as I was feeling a bit nostalgic. It was sad to see the message "character profile no longer available as the character has been inactive for X amount of time". I guess I need to accept that that part of my life is really over.

No comments:

Post a Comment